Waking up and having a successful morning starts the day before…
1. You need the right amount of sleep (about 7-8 hours for most people).
2. Don’t drink caffeine or alcohol before bed (give at least three hours between).
Caffeine hinders your ability to fall asleep while alcohol disturbs your REM sleep, which means your body isn’t getting the proper rest and restoration that sleep provides.
3. Keep your phone away from you, not on your bedside table.
Keep your phone in another room, like your bathroom or the kitchen. We’re so accustomed to having it on us all the time, constantly staying in the loop whether it’s through texting, YouTube, social media, etc. It’s amazing for your health to disconnect for as long as you can. Keeping it away from you will have more benefits than just waking up in the morning.
4. Something that has worked surprisingly well for me is intention setting the night before. While getting ready for bed or right before you go to sleep, set an intention to wake up energized at a specific time. Our minds are powerful, try it, set an intention to wake up at a specific time (let’s say 6 or 7) and see what happens!
Did you know that if you wake up just one hour earlier everyday it adds 15 entire days to your year?
5. Avoid the snooze button.
Even though you may think you’re racking in those few extra minutes of sleep, you're not actually doing any good. Your body is in a twilight state, not in deep sleep but not awake. The best thing to do is hop out of bed right away… though easier said than done. Put your alarm somewhere where you have to get up to turn it off!
6. Wake up at the same time every day… yes even on weekends!
Your body needs routine, sleeping in for a few days confuses your circadian rhythm. You’ll notice you’ll start to naturally wake up a few minutes before your alarm, feeling even more energized!
7. Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up.
Having a glass of water ready to drink right when you wake up helps rehydrate your body. It helps mental performance, supports the immune system and improves gut health. It’s also imperative if you drink coffee to have water in your stomach beforehand.
Our complete multivitamin, Essence of Life is a one-a-day convenience supplement that replenishes your body with essential minerals, vitamins, and amino acids. Adding it to your water can increase energy, reduce fatigue, and give you greater clarity and focus!
For more information check out my references below: